Resilience is an individual’s process of overcoming and adapting well in the face of adversity and other significant sources of stress. Developing resilience is a personal journey and involves behaviours, thoughts, and actions that can be learned and developed by anyone.
Several factors that can be associated with resilience include:
- The capacity to make realistic plans and take steps to carry them out
- A positive view of yourself and confidence in your strengths and abilities
- Skills in communication and problem solving
- The capacity to manage strong feelings and impulses
- Dealing with hardships and still holding your head up
- Giving things a go or trying your best
- Being strong on the inside
- Having a strong sense of worth
- Being able to cope with what life throws at you and shrug it off
- Standing up for yourself
Today’s Child provides tools and strategies that will empower children to become leaders of their own lives by teaching them to take full responsibility for their journey and for creating a life of their dreams, developing the skills needed to turn their dreams into actions.
In our programs, kids learn critical life skills for developing strong self-esteem and powerful self-confidence and overcoming challenges such as fear, self-doubt and disappointment. They learn to cope with change and how to manage mistakes, failures and peer pressure. We help them learn how to create a vision for their lives, achieve their goals, and use Law of Attraction tools to manifest their dreams. Our programs are designed to be easy, fun, and help create action. A fun life coaching program for empowering kids.